USPSA Practice Course
The USPSA Practice Course is not a sanctioned USPSA match. The practice session is designed to allow shooters to learn the rules and try out stages without the pressure of a competitive match. The practice course is open for shooters of all skill levels, and we encourage anyone comfortable handling a pistol or PCC to try out these fun sessions. This is also an excellent way for USPSA competitors to work on their skills and improve their match performance. Let us help you move up your USPSA classification level. Our instructors go over the USPSA rules and safety briefing along with advice as you shoot the stages. You’ll learn new skills and techniques to help all areas of your shooting from a Master Class USPSA competitor.
We set up 2 stages, and everyone shoots the stages multiple times. Allowing each shooter to test different stage plans and options, unlike in match situations. Even if you don’t plan to become a competitive shooter, the USPSA Practice Course is a great way to improve your pistol or PCC skills in a safe, fun environment. If you would like to learn more about USPSA visit their website https://uspsa.org/
Independence Firearms and Training Range at 305 Circle Dr, Cord, AR 72524
Our facility is very close to the town of Cord. By the 3-way stop off Hwy 25 where the Country Crossroad convenience store is located, it’s about a quarter-mile west of the junction. From Hwy 25 (White Dr), turn onto Circle Drive until you see our sign on the north side of the road. Enter through the red gate and follow the gravel road until you see another sign for the Range and Classes.
The USPSA Practice Course will be on the range. When the road splits, stay to the left, and it will take you directly to our range.
Shooters should possess good pistol safety knowledge and be comfortable with their pistol or PCC shooting skills.
- Handgun or PCC
- 75-150 Rounds of ammunition
- Enough magazines to have 24 rounds of ammunition loaded at 1 time (30+ loaded is preferred)
- A holster and mag pouches is not required but are recommended. If you do not have a holster bring a bag/case for your pistol. If shooting a PCC, it needs to have a bag to cover the barrel and trigger guard.
- Eye and ear protection
- Hydration and snacks
- Course overview and safety instructions *if you have never shot a USPSA match or attended our Practice Course, plan to arrive 30 minutes early. We offer a free USPSA Intro and Safety Course right before this event.
- Equipment safety check
- 2 Shooting stages that we shoot multiple times
- Review of results with personalized training suggestions from the instructor
Weather and the Class:
This class is dependent on the weather. We can run the class with light rain but if there’s a significant amount of rain forecasted, the class will be rescheduled. Dress appropriately for the weather (hot or cold).
Upcoming USPSA Practice Course Classes: