Low Light Class & Night Shoot
Everyone practices their shooting in the daylight. What changes when shooting at night? Have you tried shooting your pistol while holding a flashlight? Do you know how to use the weapon-mounted light on your carbine properly?
Our low light class teaches night shooting techniques with your pistol and defensive rifle in the classroom. Then we allow you to practice with drills on the range in low light conditions. Shooters will learn proper weapon handling, target acquisition, and real-world defensive shooting applications for night encounters. Finally, there will be nighttime stages with shoot and no shoot scenarios to put all the low light shooting techniques taught to the test.
All pistols and defensive rifles are allowed. Everyone should bring a stand-alone flashlight, and weapon mounted lights are not required but are encouraged. If you have night vision equipment and any other tactical gear bring it to test out on the nighttime shooting stages.
- This class is for intermediate to advanced shooters. If you are comfortable shooting your firearm during the day and know basic manipulations like draws, reloads, and malfunction clearing, this class will significantly improve your nighttime skills. However, anyone that is not comfortable handling their firearm should take a fundamentals class before joining us for the low light class.
- Handgun and/or semi-auto rifle
- 150-200 rounds of ammunition – standard class live fire
- *Optional low round count with only 75-100 rounds of ammunition
- Quality handheld flashlight
- Handguns require a quality holster (no universal or Blackhawk Serpa Holsters) and enough magazines to have a minimum of 24 rounds loaded at the same time
- Rifles require a sling and enough magazines to have 24 rounds loaded at the same time
- Weapon-mounted lights and night vision equipment is allowed if you have them but not required
- Silencers are encouraged but not required. *All shooting after 8 pm will be suppressed. If you do not have a silencer, host guns that are suppressed will be provided for the late night shooting at no cost, but you will be responsible for the ammo costs
- Hydration and snacks
*If you would like to rent a handgun or carbine for the class, let us know in advance.
- Firearms Safety and Safe Gun Handling
- Low Light Equipment
- Low Light Shooting Techniques
- Range Drills in Low Light Situations
- Night Shoot and No Shoot Course
Weather and the Class:
We will have the class regardless of temperatures on the class day, so dress appropriately for the weather. However, if there is significant rain forecasted the class will be rescheduled.