Rifle & Self-Defense Classes
The Rifle & Shotgun Self Defense Course costs $195 for the full day, including the Rifle & Shotgun Fundamentals Class and Intermediate Rifle & Shotgun Skills Class. In the Fundamentals class, we go over Firearms Safety and Safe Gun Handling, Defensive Rifle & Shotgun Options & Setups, Optics & Zero Options, and Long Gun Stance in the classroom. Then on the range we work on Form for Defensive Shooting, Practical Accuracy at Speed, Reloads, and Transition Drills with Multiple Targets. Students can bring any semi-auto rifle they prefer, including a 22LR and a PCC or their defensive shotgun.
The intermediate class in the afternoon covers Weak Side Shooting, Malfunctions, Shooting from Cover, and Shooting on the Move. As in the fundamentals class, all semi-auto rifle platforms and defensive shotguns are welcome. Bring what you plan to use for home defense, and we’ll help you get comfortable and confident using it.
Independence Firearms and Training Range at 305 Circle Dr, Cord, AR 72524
Our facility is very close to the town of Cord. By the 3-way stop off Hwy 25 where the Country Crossroad convenience store is located, it’s about a quarter-mile west of the junction. From Hwy 25 (White Dr), turn onto Circle Drive until you see our sign on the north side of the road. Enter through the red gate and follow the gravel road until you see another sign for the Range and Classes.
The Rifle classes will start in the classroom. Go through the cattle guard inside the fence and park on the gravel near the carport. Go to the back of the house down the rock path to the west of the carport. You’ll enter the classroom from the walkout basement. You may bring your gear, gun, and ammo inside, but all firearms must be unloaded and checked at the door. We do not allow live ammo in the classroom and will be happy to store it in our locked gun room for you.
This class is open to everyone from beginners who have never shot a rifle to experienced shooters. Our Rifle and Shotgun Self Defense Course is structured to be beginner-friendly while challenging the best shooters to improve their shooting fundamentals.
- Semi-auto rifle or defensive shotgun with quality sling
- 150-250 Rounds of ammunition each for the morning and afternoon classes (300-500 rounds total if taking both classes)
- Students using a shotgun can bring 100-150 rounds of either 00 Buck or Slugs for each class or (200-300 rounds total if taking both classes)
- Enough magazines to have 30 rounds of ammunition loaded at one time and at least 2 magazines (shotguns are excluded from this requirement)
- At least 1 mag pouch
- Eye and ear protection
- Hydration and snacks
- When taking both classes, bring a Sack Lunch or Country Crossroads does have lunch items & is close to the range
*If you don’t have a rifle or shotgun, we have you covered with a rental package that includes a rifle (AR-15 or AR-9) or shotgun, sling, magazines, mag pouch, and safety gear if needed.
Rifle and Shotgun Fundamentals Class:
From 8:30 am – 12:30 pm and costs $120 if purchasing separate from the full day class.
- Firearms Safety and Safe Gun Handling
- Defensive Rifle & Shotgun Options & Setups
- Optics & Zero Options
- Long Gun Stance & Form for Defensive Shooting
- Practical Accuracy at Speed
- Transition Drills & Multiple Targets
Rifle and Shotgun Intermediate Skills Class
From 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm and costs $90 if purchasing separate from the full day class.
- Weak Side Shooting
- Shooting from Cover
- Shooting on the Move
- Unorthodox Shooting Positions
Weather and the Class:
We will have the class regardless of the weather on class day. We are inside for the classroom portion 2 hours and are on the range for 5 hours. Dress appropriately for the weather (hot or cold), but there is a covered area to shoot from on the range if there’s rain.
Rifle & Self-Defense Classes