Level 2 Pistol Self Defense Course
Whether you’re an individual, on a church safety team, in law enforcement, or in the military our Pistol Self Defense Courses are the perfect way to take your shooting and defensive skills to the next level. The Level 2 Pistol Self Defense Course includes our Working Through Malfunctions and How to Shoot Fast & Accurate classes. We recommend this course if you have the shooting basics down and are ready to take the next steps.
This course goes over how to identify and clear all types of malfunctions efficiently. Students will learn the basics of strong and weak hand shooting, which will prep them for defensive encounters in low light, if they are wounded and lose the use of an arm/hand, and when they need to carry something or someone while using the handgun. In the afternoon, we dive into techniques that allow students to drastically improve their shooting times while still having good hits on target. The shooting drills will focus on what sight picture is needed for all types of shots, along with ways to improve your split and transition speeds. The Level 2 Pistol Self Defense Course includes bonus drills on the range that are not offered in the separate classes. There is a 100% guarantee if you don’t learn new, valuable skills from the course, it’s on us.
This is not a beginner learn to shoot class. Check out our Level 1 Pistol Self Defense Course or the Pistol Shooting Fundamentals Class if you’d like to learn to shoot a handgun. All students should be comfortable drawing and firing their handgun.
This class is open to anyone that has completed our shooting fundamentals class or is comfortable drawing and shooting their handgun.
- 400-500 rounds of ammunition
- *Optional low round count option with only 200-300 rounds of ammunition
- At least 2 magazines but 3-4 are preferred
- A quality holster and 1-2 mag pouches are required (no Blackhawk Serpa Holsters). If you do not have a holster or mag pouches, contact us. If we have a holster for your gun, we’ll let you borrow it. Otherwise, a holster and mag pouches are provided with all our rental packages.
- Sack Lunch or Country Crossroads does have lunch items & is close to the range
- Eye and ear protection
- Hydration and snacks
- What are the Types of Malfunctions
- How to Fix a Malfunction
- Why Would You Need to Shoot with Your Strong or Weak Hand Only
- How to Shoot with Your Strong and Weak Hand Only
- How to Speed Up Your Split Times
- How to Reduce the Time for Target Transitions
- Learning to Shoot Fast and Still Hit Your Target
- How to Use Dry Fire to Improve Your Shooting Speed
- Working Through Type 1, 2, & 3 Malfunctions
- Strong Hand Shooting
- Weak Hand Shooting
- Shooting Drills to Improve Splits
- Shooting Drills to Speed Up Transitions
- Drills to Put Everything Together
Weather and the Class:
We will have the class regardless of the weather on class day. We are inside the classroom for about 3 hours and are on the range for 4 hours. Dress appropriately for the weather (hot or cold), but there is a covered area to shoot from on the range if there’s rain.
Upcoming Pistol and Self-Defense Classes